Headlights and taillights are essential parts of every vehicle. They help to get drivers to their destinations safely while also making the vehicle visible to other drivers that are on the road. This is why it is important to make sure that both of your headlights are always working, not to mention it is illegal to drive with burnt-out headlights. Keep reading below to learn how to change your own headlights!
Easy Steps to Change Your Vehicle’s Headlights
- Find out what type of bulb is used for your vehicle. Usually, this can be found in your vehicle’s owner’s manual or online.
- Locate and access the headlight bulb. Go through the engine compartment as it cannot be reached from the outside of the vehicle.
- Unhook the power wires from the back of the bulb. The wires will be held together with some type of clip. Remove the clip of wires.
- Remove the bulb from the socket. Pull or unscrew the bulb from the socket to get it out.
- Install and hook up the new bulb. Carefully handle the new bulb and put it in the socket before connecting the wires to the back.
We hope that you found this step-by-step guide helpful when it comes time to change out your headlights. Be sure to stop by our dealership if you are in the market for your next vehicle! We offer a wide selection of affordable vehicles for you to choose from. Contact us with any questions!
Should I Get a Pre-Owned Two-Row SUV or a Pre-Owned Three-Row SUV from Kyle Chapman Motors in Buda TX?
Used 2-Row SUVs vs Used 3-Row SUVs The SUV class is easily the fastest growing automotive ...read more