We have no control over the weather which means that sometimes Mother Nature can throw things at us that we aren’t ready for. Because of this, we should be prepared in case we find ourselves driving when severe weather appears. Keep reading below for a few helpful tips to keep in mind if you are ever driving during some extreme weather!
Driving Tips for Thunderstorms
- If it is raining heavily, do not brake suddenly or use cruise control so you avoid hydroplaning
- Keep your windshield wipers in good working condition
- Turn on your headlights, even if it is during the day
Driving Tips for Tornadoes
- Drive slowly if there are heavy winds
- If you are caught in a tornado, get out of your car and lay down on the lowest land with your hands over your head
- Try to stay home and seek shelter if you see there is a tornado watch or warning for your area
Driving Tips for Flooding
- If there is a flood watch for your area, stay home
- Avoid streets that are lower and try to stay on streets that are higher up
- Avoid driving through puddles that you do not know the depth of
Driving Tips for Fog
- Use your low beams for the best visibility
- Stay at home if the fog is too thick to see
- If you are already driving, pull off the side of the road and wait for it to clear up or until you can see
We hope that you found these tips helpful and that you stay safe in future severe weather storms. If you are in the market for your next vehicle, be sure to keep us in mind, we offer a wide selection of pre-owned vehicle for customers just like you. Stop by today or contact us with any questions!
Will Your Next Used Car, Truck or SUV from Kyle Chapman Motors in Buda TX Feature an Automatic Transmission or a Manual Transmission?
Facts to Know Before You Buy: Automatic vs Manual Transmissions There are a lot of facts ...read more