Would you ever do something that you knew was going to cause damage to your vehicle? What you might not know is you may already be doing so. There are many bad habits that drivers have that can cause damage to their vehicles. Check out a few of them below!
5 Bad Driving Habits to Avoid
- Hard brake and acceleration. Although sometimes a sudden stop is necessary, avoid it if you can. Braking hard will wear out your brake pads and rotors while accelerating quickly will burn through fuel.
- Shifting between reverse and drive before the vehicle is completely stopped. Many drivers tend to do this out of habit when they are backing out of a parking space, but it causes a lot of stress on the drivetrain.
- Leaving small amounts of fuel in the tank. Fuel pumps are cooled down by being submerged. With small amounts of fuel always in the tank, the pump may overheat which would be much more expensive than a full tank of fuel.
- Ignoring your vehicle’s warning signs. Avoid turning the radio up to drown out that weird sound your car is making. Call your mechanic right away if you notice something out of the ordinary.
- Driving around with unnecessary weight. Take some time to remove the unnecessary weight that you may be hauling around. This puts extra strain on the suspension, brake and drivetrain components which can lead to early replacement.
We hope that you found this information helpful and take it into consideration. Kyle Chapman Motors has three convenient locations with a wide selection of pre-owned vehicles. If you are interested in one of our current models, be sure to stop by the dealership today or contact us with any questions!